Industry News Desk
More Than 40 Companies to Exhibit at the 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo
1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo will offer a free “Cloud Computing Bootcamp” on the second day of the event
Nov. 16, 2008 07:15 PM
SYS-CON Events announced today that more than 40 Cloud technology providers, as well as Virtualization and SOA companies will exhibit at the upcoming 1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), November 19-21, in San Jose, California. The conference will be colocated with SYS-CON’s 4th International Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com).
1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo will take place on November 19-21, 2008, at the Fairmont Hotel, downtown San Jose, CA.
1st International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo will offer a free “Cloud Computing Bootcamp” (http://cloudbootcamp.sys-con.com) on the second day of the conference, Thursday, November 20, 2008. Cloud computing is an opportunity for business to implement low cost, low power and high efficiency systems to deliver scalable infrastructure. But moving to a cloud infrastructure is not necessarily as nice and clean as the providers would want us to think. With cloud infrastructures problems don't magically go away, they just shift: you don't have scalability or storage problems any more, but you need constantly monitor the cloud and your application in it. In this compelling, intensive, one-day, hands-on training program, you will learn what it takes to take advantage of the Cloud - and whether it is right for you in the first place.
Click here for “Gold Pass” Registration
Click here for “FREE Cloud Computing Bootcamp” Registration
Click here to Sponsor or Exhibit
Call for Papers Now Open!
Cal for Papers for the 2nd International Cloud Computing Conference & Expo, which will take place March 22-24, 2009, in New York City is also now open.
Click here for March 2009 “Call for Papers”
Top-Class Speaker Lineup Will Explore the Technical & Business Value of Delivering IT Resources as Services
Speakers from all over the world are being hand-picked for their ability to explore the economics and strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Topics include all aspects of providing or using massively scalable IT-related capabilities as a service using Internet technologies, including:
SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
Cloud Reliability & Security
Private Cloud Computing
The rich mix of technical and strategic sessions is expressly designed to help IT professionals make informed choices, since utility/cloud computing affects every aspect of how IT deploys and operates software, and will likely affect many aspects of how they develop/purchase it.
The conference sponsors and exhibitors include:
Cloud Computing Journal
Data Center Journal
Intel XML Product Group
Intel SOA products Group
Tap In Systems
Web Age Solutions
Web Host Industry Review
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities
Sponsorship and Exhibit Opportunities Offered on a First-Come First-Served Basis. To inquire about sponsorship and exhibit opportunities please contact Carmen Gonzalez at 201-802-3021 or by email at events(at)sys-con.com. Currently, a limited number of sponsorship and exhibition packages with multiple sponsorship discounts are available.
Keynote Hall at SYS-CON's recent AJAX World RIA Conferene & Expo, at the Fairmont Hotel, downtown Jan Sose, CA, October 20-22, 2008
· Dr Werner Vogels - VP & CTO, Amazon.com (Keynote)
· Reuven Cohen - Founder & Chief Technologist, Enomaly
· Mike Eaton - CEO, Cloudworks
· Jonathan Bryce - Founder at Mosso (Rackspace)
· Nati Shalom - CTO, GigaSpaces
· Don MacAskill - CEO & Chief Geek, SmugMug
· Mike Feinberg - Senior Vice President, Cloud Infrastructure Group, EMC
· Billy Marshall - Founder & CEO, rPath
· Dr Thorsten von Eicken - CTO & Founder, RightScale
· Songnian Zhou - Co-Founder & CEO, Platform Computing
· Patrick Harr, CEO - Nirvanix
· David Young - Co-Founder & CEO, Joyent
· Dave Durkee - CEO, ENKI
· John Janakiraman - CTO, Skytap
· Stuart Charlton - Chief Software Architect, Elastra
· Lars Leckie, Principal, Hummer Winblad Venture Partners
· Dr Rich Wolski - Professor, U.C. Santa Barbara
· Javier Soltero - Co-Founder & CEO of Hyperic
· Omer Trajman - Director of Field Engineering, Vertica Systems
· Alan Williamson, Founder at Blog-City.com, Creator of BlueDragon
· Rachel Chalmers - Senior Analyst, Enterprise Software, The 451 Group